Ready to register for a seminar or workshop?
Early registration for clerks who did not attend a 16-Hour Seminar in the past year opens September 20th.
Registration for all other clerks opens September 22nd.
Workshop registration opens September 29th.
Click here to register now!
Or to find more information on how to register and registration policies, look below.
Step 1: Sign in to your TJCTC profile using your username and password.
Step 2: Click Online Registration and choose the event you wish to attend. If the event appears in red this means the event is full. You can add yourself to the waiting list by clicking the waitlist link.
Step 3: Select your room preference:
- I Do Not Need a Room
- Double Occupancy with participant
- Single Room or Share with Spouse
- No Room Available
For detailed guestroom information, click here.
For Double Occupancy, you will now need to select a roommate from the registered list of attendees. If the person you would like to room with is not listed, please include their name in the Special Needs box. Select "Any" if you would like TJCTC to assign you a same-sex roommate.
Step 4: Click on Register and select your classes. You must choose a class for each time slot in order to complete your registration.
Step 5: Print your invoice for payment. To access your invoice at a later time, log in to your TJCTC Profile and click on Invoices & Receipts.
Step 6: Submit your payment. For more payment information, click here.
Step 7: After payment is received, you will be sent a confirmation email with hotel and event details.
*You can make changes to your event registration two weeks prior to the event start date.
TJCTC will book your room reservation. There are four guestroom options available to you at the time of registration for each event.
1. Double Occupancy with Participant
- This option means that you will be paired up with another TJCTC attendee in the same room.
- Sharing a room with another participant will be at no cost to you. However, if your roommate does not show up, you will be responsible for paying one half of the room rate plus tax if TJCTC is not notified immediately.
- Select an attendee from the drop down menu or type their name into the Special Needs box provided. If you do not have a specific person in mind, choose the “Any” option from the drop down menu and a same-sex roommate will be assigned to you at the time of check-in.
2. Single Occupancy/Share with Spouse
- This is the single, private room option.
- You (the attendee) will pay one-half of the contracted room rate plus tax per night. This is referred to as your surcharge. TJCTC will pay the other half of the room rate per night.
3. No Room Available
- If a room option is not available, please select this option and indicate your room preference in the Special Needs box provided.
4. I Do Not Need a Room
- Select this option if you live within 30 miles of the seminar location and can drive in each morning to attend.
The Training Center will book all hotel reservations for the event based on the information provided at registration.
- Please do not call the hotel directly unless you are calling about early or late arrival or for an emergency.
- You can make changes to your reservation up to two weeks prior to the event start date by logging onto your TJCTC profile and selecting "View/Edit Registrations."
- If you need to make any reservation changes within two weeks of the event, please contact Jennifer Morales at email@example.com.
- Your confirmed hotel accommodations will be listed in your confirmation letter after we receive payment.
To see the check-in time of your chosen seminar, visit the Training Events page.
- Standard hotel check-in time is generally at 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. If you arrive earlier, you may be asked to store your luggage at the bell-stand until your room becomes available.
- When you arrive at the hotel, a line of credit must be established between you and the hotel for incidental charges. You may be asked to present a major credit card or cash deposit. Do not use a personal Debit Card for deposits or incidentals when checking into the hotel. The unused balance of your cash deposit will be returned to you upon check-out.
- If you plan to arrive at the hotel after 6:00 p.m. on the check-in day, you will be responsible for calling the hotel and guaranteeing your room with a personal credit card.
Additional Room Nights:
If you would like additional room nights outside of the seminar dates, please contact the Training Center as soon possible. Additional room nights will be at the expense of the individual and at the best available rate. The contracted group rate is not guaranteed for any additional nights.
In order to keep our events at capacity and give everyone enough time to request funds, we are now requesting the registration fee three months prior to an event.
The registration fee and payment due dates will be listed on your invoice. You can access your invoice by logging into your TJCTC Profile
, and clicking Invoices and Receipts
. If payment will not be received by the invoiced due date, you must contact the Training Center in order to avoid an event cancellation.
All fees are payable by check, money order or purchase order and made payable to “Texas State University”. The Training Center cannot accept cash or credit for any payments.
Mail Payment to:
Texas State University c/o TJCTC
1701 Directors Blvd, Suite 530
Austin, TX 78744
Once payment is received, a confirmation letter with hotel and event information will be emailed to you.
It is the policy of TJCTC that each participant who attends any event paid for by grant funding must attend each training hour for that event. Individuals who fail to complete all training hours will not receive any credit hours and will be responsible for all associated costs. Individuals will not be allowed to attend any other sponsored TJCTC event until all financial charges have been paid.
Cancellations and Refunds
In order to receive a full refund, cancellations must be done online through your TJCTC Profile
and received two weeks prior to the event start date. Please allow 30 business days to process any refunds.
Cancellations received within two weeks of an event, must be emailed to our Registrar, Laura Villarreal, at firstname.lastname@example.org
. No refunds or credits will be given for no shows, late arrivals or early departures. Failure to communicate an event cancellation will result in a no show status.
In fairness to all attendees, confirmed participants who do not attend their scheduled seminar, leave early, or fail to cancel their registration, will not be eligible for a refund. Any Court Personnel who no shows at a 16-hour seminar will be suspended from all events sponsored by TJCTC for the current and following academic years.
Substitutions and Transfers
TJCTC will allow substitutions or transfers under certain conditions for event registration. Registration fees can be transferred to another person already registered or you can substitute an existing registration to another participant for that specific event. Please notify our Registrar, Laura Villarreal, in writing at email@example.com
to request a transfer or substitution of registration
A waiting list is available online for attendees who are waiting to register for an event that is full. If the event you wish to register for appears in red, this means the event is at capacity. You can only add yourself to one waiting list at a time.
Attendees on a waiting list will be notified via email when spaces become available. An attendee on a waiting list is not officially registered for that event until they are notified. It is the responsibility of the attendee to check the status of the waiting list. If you wish to remove yourself from a waiting list, you can do so through your TJCTC Profile