Legal Question Board
The legal question board is an online database of every legal question asked and answered on our site. You must have a TJCTC log-in to use the legal board.
Have a question? Start off by searching the legal board. Here are some tips for searching questions on the legal board:
- Think about your search terms. You want to use a search term that will narrow down your search results, but one that is not too specific (i.e. "Eviction" will return hundreds of answers. "Order to vacate" is too specific. "Vacate" would be a great search term to get you the answer you need.)
- Think about different ways a topic might be written when searching (i.e. "Occupational Driver Licenses" or "ODL").
- Use the time frame search option if a topic has undergone recent legislative changes. (i.e. For "Truancy," search from September 1, 2015).
- Click to view your search results in descending order so that you get the most recent answers first.
- When searching the legal questions, you must click "View" to see the full answer.
- If your search query brings up more than one page of questions, click the numbers at the top or bottom to see more questions.
Remember: Court staff is not authorized or permitted to give legal advice to parties or potential parties. Court staff may provide legal information about court processes. For OCA's publication showing the difference between legal advice and legal information, click here.
If you do not see the question you are looking for, then you can post a legal question. We will answer questions within five business days. Here are some tips for posting on the legal question board:
- If you have multiple questions, enter each one separately.
- Write out your questions with full words as well as abbreviations (if applicable). That way, future users can easily search for your question and find our answer. (i.e. Write both "Occupational Driver Licenses" and "ODL")