This page is a hub for all of TJCTC's printed resources. Click each link below for more information on an individual resource.
To open a pdf of the publication, click the name below. All materials below are copyright. For questions about reproducing the work below, please contact our General Counsel, Randy Sarosdy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Truancy Court Resource Manual
2016 DWI Field Guide
2016 Reporting Requirements for Justice Court
2015 Legislative Update: 84th Regular Session
Mass Fatality Resources
Quick Reference Trial Handbook 2013 (Please note that this handbook was published prior to the 83rd Legislative Session and may contain information that has since changed.)
We have several publications that were published before the 2013 legislative session. To view those, click the corresponding links below and log-in:
JP & Court Personnel Publications
Civil Process Publications
Beginning in Winter 2016/2017, TJCTC will have updated deskbooks available. Check back here for more information then.
We offer several hardcopy publications for sale. To order a copy of the below publication, click on the link and fill out the form.
- Make payment in the form of Check, Money Order, or Purchase Order.
- Make payment payable to Texas State University.
- Mail payment to 1701 Directors Blvd. Suite 530, Austin, TX 78744
We have prepared several flowcharts and checklists below that correspond to newsletter articles or are on special topics. To open the documents, click the links below.
Also, please keep in mind that all materials below are copyright. For questions about reproducing the work below, please contact our General Counsel, Randy Sarosdy, at email@example.com.
Several times a year, TJCTC's Staff Attorneys produce a newsletter containing articles on special and important topics. Click each link below to download a pdf version of the newsletter. Are you not receiving our newsletters by email? Contact Jeff Grajek at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
2017 Winter Newsletter
- Director’s Message
- Waiver of Fines and Fees for Indigent Defendants
- Creating, Appealing and Enforcing Eviction Judgments
- Improving Bond Conditions
- Setting Bail Amounts
2016 Fall Newsletter
- Service of the Summons and Pretrial Hearings in Truancy Cases
- Driving Test and Occupational Driver Licenses
- Improving Bond Conditions in DWI Cases
- Supreme Court on DWI Warrants
- What is Masking and Why Can't You Allow It?
2016 Summer Newsletter
- New Techniques Considered to Fight Distracted Driving
- Mental Illness and the Jail
- Turnover Orders and the Request to Appoint a Receiver
- Improving Bond Conditions
- Court Costs in Minor in Possession of Tobacco Cases
2016 April Traffic Safety Newsletter
- Courts to Law Enforcement: Get a Blood Search Warrant Before Drawing Blood
- Occupational Licenses and Ignition Interlock Devices
- Uber Claims Credit for Drop in Drunk Driving Accidents. But Where's the Evidence?
2016 Winter Newsletter
- Ignition Interlock Device Orders on the Increase
- Carrying Firearms in Court Buildings
- Orders of Retrieval in the Field
- Public Perception of the Courts
2015 September Newsletter
- Brave New World of Truancy Court
- Capias Pro Fine Changes
- Evicted Tenants on Appeal
- Cell Phone Warrants
2015 September Traffic Safety Newsletter
- "Internet Sensation" Raises Curious Questions About DWI Offenses
- The Movement to Eliminate Traffic Deaths Gains Strength in Texas Cities
- Uber Actually Reduces Drunk-Driving Deaths
2015 July Newsletter
- Search Warrant Applications
- Same-sex Marriage Statement
- Ignition Interlock Devices
- Bonds in Civil Lawsuits
- Orders of Retrieval
2015 May Newsletter
- Alcohol Awareness Courses
- Expiration of Protecting Tenants' at Foreclosure Act
- Ethics Update
- FTAs and the Time Payment Fee Revisited
- Tow Hearings
2014 September Newsletter
- Disposition of Stolen Property Hearings
- Duties of a Magistrate: Release by Citation
- Transportation Network Companies: A DWI Solution?
- Legal Q&A
2014 July Newsletter
- The Ins and Outs of Proper Notices in Eviction Cases
- New RV Park Laws
- Code Sections Explained
- Proper ODL Effective Dates
2014 July Traffic Safety Newsletter
- DWI Fatalities Involving Vulnerable Road Users
- Per Se Drug Intoxication Laws
- New Ignition Interlock Legislation
Didn't find what you were looking for? Check out our forms page for over 120 civil and criminal forms or our Additional Resources page for special topics and training videos.