Traffic Safety Initiative
Working to Reduce Traffic Fatalties & Accidents
TJCTC is proud to provide education to justice courts concerning traffic safety through a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation. Our goal is to encourage justice courts to implement policies that will reduce transportation fatalities and accidents throughout Texas. We offer training related to DWI offenses via webinars and also specific traffic related courses at both our JP 20-Hour Seminars & Court Personnel 16-Hour seminars. Read below for more details.
For in-depth information on traffic safety, click the corresponding link below.
- Impaired Driving and Ignition Interlock Laws Summit
- DWI Bond Schematic Program
- Impaired Driver Symposium
- Traffic Safety Resources
- Contact us
Join us on July 17 - 18, 2018 in McAllen, TX for this timely educational summit.
The Impaired Driver Symposium is an event for Judges that focuses on an Impaired Driving case from arrest to disposition. The symposium is a joint program bringing in judges from all levels to discuss driving issues.
Next year's symposium: August 2 - 3, 2018 in Horseshoe Bay, TX
The program counts for your required judicial education hours. The symposium is sponsored by the Court of Criminal Appeals and TxDOT through a partnership with TJCTC, Texas Association of Counties, Texas Municipal Courts Education Center, and Texas Center for the Judiciary.
- Blood Search Warrants
- Electronic Search Warrants
- Probable Cause
- Bond Conditions
- Drugged Driving
- Compliance Issues
- Case Studies
- Driving Under the Influence
Blood Alcohol Concentration in Texas: Improving Medical Examiner and County Performance- A detailed study from the Center for Alcohol and Drug Education Studies with the Texas A&M Transportation Institute released in September 2016.
Click here for the complete list of DPS Certified Texas Ignition Interlock Device (IID) Service Centers.
Solutions for Saving Lives on Texas Roads- The Texas Traffic Safety Task Force Report.
From One Second To The Next- A film about texting and driving from Werner Herzog. This video is used in Teenage Driving Issues course for Court Personnel and the Traffic, Trucks, and Texting course for Justices of the Peace.
Roadside Drug Testing Kit Demonstration- A video about police roadside drug test.
Road to Zero Symposium- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration announced a new initiative called Road to Zero. At the link, you will find videos from the symposium.
Dyingtodrink.org- A website that offers resources and countermeasures against impaired driving.
Flow Charts and Forms
DWI Bond Schematic Annual Newsletter 2017
- Message From the General Counsel
- Legislative Highlights
- Traffic Safety Resources
- Texas Drunk Driving Statistics
- Important New Studies Conclude that Mandatory Ignition Interlock Saves Lives
- TJCTC 2017-2018 Educational Schedule
- Drunk Driving Prevention Tools
2017 Traffic Safety Newsletter
- Rehabilitation for Minors who Have Committed Alcohol Offenses
- Improving Bond Conditions in DWI Cases Through the Texas DWI Bond Schematic Program
- Latest Report on Drugged Driving
- News on Legislative Session
- The Basics on Ignition Interlock
2016 Traffic Safety Newsletter
- Courts to Law Enforcement: Get a Blood Search Warrant Before Drawing Blood
- Occupational Licenses and Ignition Interlock Devices
- Uber Claims Credit for Drop in Drunk Driving Accidents. But Where's the Evidence?
2015 Traffic Safety Newsletter
- "Internet Sensation" Raises Curious Questions About DWI Offenses
- The Movement to Eliminate Traffic Deaths Gains Strength in Texas Cities
- Uber Actually Reduces Drunk-Driving Deaths
2014 Traffic Safety Newsletter
- DWI Fatalities Involving Vulnerable Road Users
- Per Se Drug Intoxication Laws
- New Ignition Interlock Legislation
2013 Traffic Safety Newsletter
- 2013 Legislative Recap: Significant Changes to the Texas Transportation Code
- Traffic Safety Websites
- Views on "Hard License Revocation" for DWI Defendants are Changing
- Alcohol Detecting Technology
Do you have a question about registering for a traffic safety course? Contact Laura at email@example.com or call 512.347.9927.
Do you have a question about the Bond Schematic program? Contact Randy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512.347.9927.
Do you have a legal question about traffic safety? Post it on our legal question board!