Filing an Eviction Case
Information Packet – Click here for information on filing an eviction case.
CDC EVICTION MORATORIUM INFORMATION
Information is available here about the CDC eviction moratorium, including what evictions and tenants are covered. Click here to download a Declaration form that a tenant may use to swear they meet the qualifications as a "covered person."
NOTE: A federal law called the CARES Act may require you to give 30 days' notice before evicting tenants for nonpayment and may impose specific requirements. Click below for information:
- Petition - Use this form to begin your eviction case.
- Statement of Inability - Fill out this form if you are unable to afford the filing or service fees, other court fees, or an appeal bond.
- Appeal Bond - Use this form if you wish to appeal your case to a higher court after your trial.
- Application for Writ of Execution - If you win a judgment for money, you can use this form to ask the court to order the seizure and sale of the defendant’s property to satisfy the judgment.
- Application for Writ of Garnishment - If you win a judgment for money, you can use this form to ask the court to order a third party (such as a bank) to turn over assets that they hold that belong to the defendant to satisfy the judgment.