To find more information on how to register and registration policies, look below.
- Registration Dates and Listings
- How to Register
- Guestroom Options
- Hotel Information
- Payment Information
- Cancellation and Refunds
Justice of the Peace Continuing Education 20-Hour Seminars
Registration opens on October 1st. Click here for dates and locations.
Newly Elected or Appointed Justice of the Peace Seminars
Registration will open in October 1st. You will receive a packet in your email with a registration form. Click here for dates and locations.
Civil Process 20-Hour Seminars
Registration opens October 8th. Click here for dates and locations.
Experienced Court Personnel 16-Hour Seminars
For clerks who did not attend a program last year, registration opens September 24th. For all other clerks, registration opens September 27th. Click here for dates and locations.
New Court Personnel 12-Hour Seminars
For clerks who have not attended a TJCTC program before, registration opens September 24th. Click here for dates and locations.
Open to Judges and Court Personnel, interactive workshop registration opens on October 1st. Click here for dates and locations.
Step 1: Sign in to your TJCTC profile using your username and password.
Step 2: Click Online Registration.
Step 3: Select your room preference:
- I Do Not Need a Room
- Share with Attendee
- Single or Share with Spouse
- No Room Available
For Double Occupancy, you will now need to select a roommate from the registered list of attendees. If the person you would like to room with is not listed, please include their name in the Special Needs box. Select "Any" if you would like TJCTC to assign you a same-sex roommate.
Step 5: Select your classes and click Register. You must choose a class for each time slot in order to complete your registration.
Step 6: Print your invoice for payment. To access your invoice at a later time, log-on to your TJCTC Profile and click on Invoices & Receipts.
Step 7: Submit your payment. For more payment information, click here.
Step 8: After payment is received, you will be sent a confirmation email with hotel and event details.
There are four guestroom options at our events.
1. I Do Not Need a Room- Select this option if you are commuting into the site.
2. Share with an Attendee- Also known as double occupancy. This guestroom option means that you will be matched up with another attendee in the same room.
- For this option, the entire cost of your hotel stay will be billed to the Training Center.
- You can choose a specific roommate from the registration drop down menu. If you do not have a specific person in mind to share with, choose "Any" and you will be assigned a same-sex roommate at check-in.
- If a roommate has not been assigned to you by 6:00 p.m. on registration day, notify an onsite Training Center staff to avoid incurring a single room charge. If you registered to have a roommate, but do not have an attendee stay in your room and do not notify TJCTC, you will be responsible for paying surcharge (half of the room plus tax) per night.
- Let us know of any changes in your hotel room status while at the seminar (i.e., changing rooms, roommates, checking out early, etc.) so we can work with the hotel staff to avoid unnecessary charges.
3. Single Room
- You (the attendee) will pay TJCTC $55 per night, payable by check or money order.
- If you will be arriving after 6:00 p.m., you must call the hotel to guarantee that the room reservation is not canceled.
- Upon arrival, be prepared for the possibility of not being able to check into your room until late afternoon. For a list of hotel check-in times, visit our Training Education Events page.
Reservations: The Training Center will make all hotel reservations for the event.
- Please do not call the hotel directly unless you are calling about early or late arrival or for an emergency.
- You can make changes to your reservation up to two weeks prior to the event start date by logging onto your TJCTC profile and selecting "View/Edit Registrations."
- If you need to make any reservation changes within two weeks of the event, please contact Laura Villarreal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your confirmed hotel accommodations will be listed in your confirmation letter after we receive payment.
Hotel check-in: To see the specific check-in time of your chosen seminar, visit our Education Events page.
- Standard hotel check-in time is generally at 3:00 or 4:00 p.m. If you arrive earlier, you may be asked to store your luggage at the bell-stand until your room becomes available.
- When you arrive at the hotel, a line of credit must be established between you and the hotel for incidental charges. You may be asked to present a major credit card or cash deposit. Do not use a personal Debit Card for deposits or incidentals when checking into the hotel. The unused balance of your cash deposit will be returned to you upon check-out.
- If you plan to arrive at the hotel after 6:00 p.m. on the check-in day, you will be responsible for calling the hotel and guaranteeing your room with a personal credit card.
Additional Room Nights: If you would like additional room nights outside of the seminar dates, please contact Travon Earl at email@example.com as soon as possible. Additional room nights will be at the expense of the individual and at the best available rate. The contracted group rate is not guaranteed for any additional nights.
The registration fee cost is listed on your Invoice. To access your invoice, log into your TJCTC Profile and click on "Invoices & Receipts."
- Registration fees are payable by check, money order, or purchase order, payable to Texas State University. No cash or credit accepted.
- Payment must be received at least two weeks prior to the event.
- Mail payment to:
- Texas State University c/o TJCTC
- 1701 Directors Blvd, Suite 530
- Austin, TX 78744
After the payment is received, you will be sent a confirmation email with hotel and event details.
*Pursuant to the Grant Conditions, the registration fee is mandatory and is returned to the Grant to be spent as restricted funds. The Texas State University Overhead Assessment is used for activity expenses that the Grant cannot cover, such as excess meal and break costs, among other items and are unrestricted funds deposited in a TSU account. Counties or individual who cannot afford the overhead assessment may request a waiver.*
- Must be received two weeks prior to the event start date to receive a full registration fee refund.
- Registrations cancelled less than two weeks prior to the event start date will not be eligible for a refund.
- All cancellation requests must be made online through your TJCTC Profile. TJCTC will not accept cancellations over the phone.
- Please allow 30 days for the refund.
- Individuals who register and "No-Show" at a seminar will not be eligible to receive a refund.
- There are very few exceptions and these will be made on a case by case basis.
It is policy of TJCTC that each participant who attends any event paid for by the grant funding must attend each training hour for that event. Individuals who fail to complete all training hours will not receive any credit and will be responsible for any associated costs. Individuals will not be allowed to attend any other sponsored TJCTC event until all financial charges are paid.