Skip to Content

When an Eviction Case Has Been Filed Against You

Information is available here about the CDC eviction moratorium, including what evictions and tenants are covered. Click here to download a Declaration form to deliver to your landlord if you meet the qualifications as a "covered person." More languages available at A FAQ for renters is available here

A program that is expanding statewide to assist tenants and landlords by paying up to fifteen months of back and future rent. Information on this program is available here.


A federal law called the CARES Act may require your landlord to give you 30 days' notice before evicting you for nonpayment of rent. Click below for information:

CARES Act protection for renters.
CARES Act protection for homebuyers.  En Espanol.
CARES Act map. En Espanol.

Eviction Forms

  • Information Packet – Click here for information on how to proceed if an eviction has been filed against you. Does not contain information related to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the CDC eviction moratorium or the Texas Eviction Diversion Program.
  • Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment - Use this form if a judgment was issued against you while you weren’t present to request the court to hear the case over.
  • Appeal Bond - Use this form if you wish to appeal your case to a higher court after your trial.
  • Statement of Inability - Fill out this form if you are unable to afford court fees or an appeal bond.