Skip to Content

When a Small Claims Case Has Been Filed Against You

Information Packet – Click here for information on how to proceed if you have been sued in a small claims case.

Small Claim Forms

  • Answer Form - Use this form to respond to the lawsuit.
  • Subpoena Request - This form is to request the court to order a witness to come to court for your case.
  • Motion to Transfer - Use this form to request the court to move the case to a different location.
  • Motion for New Trial  - Use this form if you want to request a new trial because justice was not done in your first trial.
  • Motion to Set Aside Default Judgment - Use this form if a judgment was issued against you while you weren’t present to request the court to hear the case over.
  • Appeal Bond - Use this form if you wish to appeal your case to a higher court after your trial.
  • Statement of Inability - Fill out this form if you are unable to afford court fees or an appeal bond.